Monday, April 14, 2008

Skincare Reviews & What I do

So, I've been getting a couple e-mails regarding what I use on my face and my daily skincare regimen.
Let's start off with the type of skin that I have. When I lived up north, in DC, my skin was pretty dry and flaky until summer came around, then it was oily and crazy. Now, living in South Florida, my skin is constantly oily, but I also have a little bit of dry patchy skin. I also have a skin condition called Roscea, which causes my cheeks to be red, splotchy, and bumpy. There is no real "cure" for Roscea, but it is treatable.

A few months back I started using a new cleanser, and skin care line, called Bliss Labs. You may have heard of them. The company is relatively upscale and offers a ton of different skin care products.

As a cleanser, I use th Fabulous Foaming Face Wash. The cleanser itself a pretty blue color and it has some small exfoliating "beads" in it. When mixed with a
small amount of water, the cleanser foams... slightly. It isn't a sudsy, bubbly cleanser, which was a little disappointing, since I like the effect and feeling of a foamy cleanser.
After using this for a couple of days, I noticed that my skin was softer and more vibrant, but I didn't see a huge change in the oilyness of my skin, but all in all, the cleanser is very nice. My skin never feels tight or dry after using it, and I feel like I am really taking care of my skin.

As weird and maybe bad as this sounds, I don't use a toner regularly, simply because I do have some dry patchy areas on my skin. I know that not all toners dry out your skin, but this is just the best solution for me. This way, I don't have to worry about being to harsh on my facial skin since it is so important and fragile.

Instead, a couple times a week, I will use a heavy exfoliator on my skin. What I do is I mix a pinch of sand with my face wash, and I get rid of all the dead skin, and it helps to dry up my oily areas without making my dry skin any worse.

After I wash my face in the morning, I will use a moisturizer that is for combination skin, such as Bliss Labs an Ounce of Prevention AM. This moisturizer is "shine absorbing" and really helps to dry out my oily t zone. It makes my skin very soft and make putting on makeup or
a makeup primer very easy and nice.
HOWEVER... on hot, humid, gross days, it is not enough.



So, behold, the amazing, fantastic, Mac Oil Control Lotion. This product has literally saved my skin. The lotion comes in an amazing bottle that can be locked to insure that there is no spill in your bag or where ever you may be toting this lotion.

The best way that I have found to use this lotion is to put my regular moisturizer on all the areas of my skin that are not prone to oilyness. Then, I use this on areas where I know that I will be an oil slick, which for me, is my nose and cheeks. Even by the end of the day, I don't have shiny skin and it doesn't dry or irritate my skin like some other oil control lotions do and have in the past.

So, there you have it, some products that I use and love. You should really check out the oil control lotion, especially if you suffer from oil skin as bad as mine.

- Love you guys!
Samantha

No comments: