Thursday, October 30, 2008

Fragrance Review: Gucci by Gucci

Hello lovelies,
I told you guys I would be back after the graduation, and here I am. Overall, it went pretty good, a lot of things that he and I should have talked about - we didn't but thats ok. Some things are just better left unsaid or untalked about :)
Anyways, I decided that since it is getting a little chilly out, mind you, I do live in South Florida so chilly is anywhere below about 70 degrees, regardless, it is cold. So, I decided to go and purchase a new perfume. I had been wearing a whole bunch of different scents, mainly Princess by Vera Wang, Betsey Johnson, and as tacky as it may be, Supermodel from Victorias Secret - but they all seemed a little bit too summery and fruity/sweet for this weather, so I decided to go with something different.
To your right, my friends, you will find Gucci by Gucci, which I have fallen in love with. Truthfully, I think that Gucci by Gucci smells very sophisticated (and I am FAR FROM sophisticated) and mature, almost too mature for me, but I love it anyways.
From Sephora:
Notes:

Guava, Pear, Tahitian Tiare Flower, Musk, Honey, Patchouli.
Style:

Beautiful. Confident. Influential.


Even though the top nots are Guava and Pear, it doesn't smell overly sweet or fruity in the least. It actually, to me, smells more ambery and warm rather than fruity and exotic.
I agree with Sephora that it is a confident scent - and it seems to last all day on me, even though it is an Eau de toilette. The prices range from $65 - $85 for the spray, and I think it's worth it, since it seems to last throughout the day.
I know this is a short post, but Im still SO busy with school, but if you are in the market for a more wintery perfume, maybe you should head over to your nearest Sephora and give this one a sniff. I am not a cerial perfume purchaser, meaning I rarely buy the same perfume more than once, but this one I can definatly see myself going back for a second bottle.
Toodles!
- <3 Samantha

No comments: